Dr. Yasar Ayaz
HoD, Robotics and Artifical Intelligence, SMME NUST
Chair, IEEE RAS Joint Pakistan Chapter
Dr. Yasar is currently working at SMME as the Head of the Department of Robotics and Artifical Intelligence. He has developed Pakistan’s first MS and PhD programs in the area of Robotics and Intelligent Machine Engineering, which are currently offered at SMME, NUST. Dr. Ayaz’s research work on Humanoid Robot Footstep Planning, Navigation and Control has been cited by leading universities in more than eleven countries, including USA, Japan, France, Germany, Hungary, South Korea, China, Iran, Croatia, Singapore and Pakistan. It is also worth mentioning here, that in January 2013, the biography of Dr. Yasar Ayaz has also been published in the Pearl Edition of “Who’s Who in the World 2013” in recognition of his extraordinary international contribution to research and academics in the field of Robotics.
There are other achievements to his credit, including:
- Author of more than 35 International Publications in International Journals, Invited Book Chapters and International Conferences.
- Visiting Professor at New York University (NYU), Abu Dhabi campus in their Research Centric Summer School on Interactive Robotics and Media.
- The first Pakistani (and so far, perhaps the only) to be given the status of Full Reviewer with the following leading international journals and conferences in Robotics as a Full Reviewer and Member Editorial Board:
- IEEE Transactions on Robotics.
- IEEE / ASME Transactions on Mechatronics.
- International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems.
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA).
- IEEE / RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).
- IEEE RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots.
- IEEE / ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM).