Student Branch Leadership Award
IEEE Pakistan Students/Young Professionals/WIE Congress 2017 shall honor three individuals with “Student Branch Leadership Award” for year 2017.
The purpose of this award is to recognize those individuals’ achievements which have been achieved by performing leadership role as Student Branch Chair, Vice Chair or Secretary and which have left an certain impression on the framework and development of his/her student branch. The award is designed to be given to three individuals from student branches in three sections of IEEE at Pakistan. The objective is to appreciate their efforts and contribution in leading a student branch.
The award shall be given to only 3 individuals (1 from each section) based on their submission. However more than two from each section (limited to three) or none can be presented with award from each section.
- Self-Nominations are accepted.
- This award requires interested students to submit a report of their volunteer activities.
- All student branch Chairs, Vice Chairs and Secretaries are eligible for this award.
- The individual must have achieved leadership position by or after September, 2016.
- The student should submit records and explanation of his/her activities from October, 2016 to July, 2017.
- The student should have had taken IEEE student membership for last two consecutive years e. 2014 and must be an active member for this year also.
- Nominating student must be in his/her enrolled bachelors degree, if he/she has graduated before or by July, 2017 it can be accepted, however any graduation before July, 2017 would not be considered Exception can however be considered, but with the approval of IEEE PSYWC Awards Nomination and Committee Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submitting more than one nomination for the same activity will result in disqualification. However when a successful submission is done, student shall receive an confirmation email within 2 days of email, if not please consult with IEEE PSYWC Awards Nomination and Committee Chair on email@example.com
- Nomination for this award shall be submitted by filling a nomination form on Google Docs before deadline 11:59 PM, 25th September 2017. Fill in the nomination form carefully.
- After submitting the nomination form, you’ll get a confirmation email within 3 days if you don’t get a confirmation email please inform Awards Committee Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org with your Award applied for and nomination submission date.
- Attach a supporting document in PDF Format only maximum 5 pages which can contain your photos, promotional material, etc. Document more than 5 pages (including cover page, the best practice is to exclude cove page) will be disqualified immediately.
- Please be advised, the supporting document must be endorsed by Student Branch Counselor, SAC Chair or Section Chair. in order to better validate your submission. Please inform them about your submission after you have received confirmation email for your nomination as they will be contacted for validation of your application.
The evaluation criteria will be reviewed each year by the PSYW Congress Awards & Nomination Committee before the CFN is issued. This year each nomination will be evaluated with some set criteria and shall be given score out of hundred (100) which is distributed as following:
Value Creation (0-40)
- Value created for student branch (0-10)
- Value created by establishing or developing existing professional society chapters (0-10)
- Value created by organizing inter-student branches events or activities (0-10)
- Value created by bringing international exposure such as webinars from seniors, from regional people etc (0-10)
Membership Drive or Development (0-30)
- Mentoring or Intro session on IEEE presented in new student branches (0-10)
- Introducing new initiatives and projects to develop membership (0-10)
- Membership Development Activities/Drive participation in his/her student branch (0-10)
Results & Outcomes (0-30)
- Best Outcomes from activities (0-10)
- Achievement from activities or projects (0-10)
- Positive impact from activities (0-10)