Outstanding WIE Student AG Award
IEEE Pakistan Students/Young Professionals/WIE Congress 2017 shall honor student branch with the award of “Outstanding WIE Student AG Award” for year 2017.
The purpose of this award is to recognize, annually, in WIE student Affinity groups (AGs) under the domain of all three IEEE Sections and other sub-sections of Pakistan, the WIE Student AG that has proven record of responsibility, contribution and achievements in year 2017. The award is designed to reward a particular WIE Student AG that has expressed an obvious probability to be counted-on in terms of continuing and expanding the IEEE goals and objectives under its AG activities and development.
The award shall be given to only one WIE Student AG based on their project/ activity submission. However if required, a “Special Mention” shall be given to only one other student branch to celebrate its success.
- This award requires interested WIE student AGs to submit a report of an organized activity(ies).
- All WIE student AGs that have been formally petitioned by IEEE WIE Committee (not later than March 2017) are eligible for this award.
- Activities must be reported from October, 2016 to July, 2017.
- Submitting more than one nomination for the same activity will result in disqualification.
- Nomination for this award shall be submitted by filling a nomination form on Google Docs before deadline 11:59 PM, 25th September 2017. Fill in the nomination form carefully.
- After submitting the nomination form, you’ll get a confirmation email within 3 days if you don’t get a confirmation email please inform Awards Committee Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org with your Award applied for and nomination submission date.
- Attach a supporting document in PDF Format only maximum 5 pages which can contain your photos, promotional material, etc. Document more than 5 pages (including cover page, the best practice is to exclude cove page) will be disqualified immediately.
- Please be advised, the supporting document must be endorsed by Student Branch Counselor, Section WIE Chair, SAC Chair or Section Chair. in order to better validate your submission. Please inform them about your submission after you have received confirmation email for your nomination as they will be contacted for validation of your application.
The evaluation criteria will be reviewed each year by the Pakistan SYW Congress Awards & Nomination Committee before the CFN is issued. This year each nomination will be evaluated with some set criteria and shall be given score out of hundred (100) which is distributed as following:
- Activities (0-15)
- Number of Activities (0-5)
- Frequency of Activities (0-5)
- Number of IEEE Participants in activity (0-5)
- Membership Status (0-15)
- Total Number of Members (0-10)
- Membership Development Activities/Drive (0-5)
- Reporting of Activities (0-25)
- Vtools Updating by WIE STUDENT AG Chair or Secretary (0-5)
- Number of events reported in Region 10 Newsletters (0-10)
- Post-event news reported in local newspapers/media/blogs (0-5)
- Post-event article reported and published in other IEEE newsletter and magazines (0-5)
- Pre-University or Non-Technical Activities (0-20)
- Any pre-university activity involving school teachers/students at campus (0-5)
- Any pre-university activity involving school teachers/students outside of campus (0-10)
- Any non-technical activity (0-5)
- Public Visibility (0-10)
- Face book page of WIE student AG (0-5)
- Frequent Posting and Updating (0-5)
- Intra-WIE student AGs or Out Campus Participation (0-15)
- Participation by members associated with WIE STUDENT AG in other student branch activities (0-5)
- Participation by members associated with WIE STUDENT AG in Sectional or Regional Activities (0-5)
- Participation by members associated with WIE STUDENT AG in Industry Tour or Field Trip (0-5)