Outstanding Technical Society Student Chapter Award
IEEE Pakistan Students/Young Professionals/WIE Congress 2017 shall honor one student branch with the award of “Outstanding Technical Society Student Chapter Award” for year 2017.
The purpose of this award is to recognize, annually, student branches chapters under the domain of all three IEEE Sections and other sub-sections of Pakistan, the student branch technical chapter with an initiative, projects and events that has proven strategic importance to IEEE’s & Technical Chapter’s goals and development objectives of IEEE Pakistan. This way the value of a student branch technical chapter level would be increased significantly.
The award shall be given to only one technical chapter based on their initiative, projects and activities. However if required, a “Special Mention” shall be given to an initiative by student branch other than winning one to celebrate its success.
- This award requires interested student branch technical chapters to submit a report of their activities.
- The technical chapters should submit records and explanation of their initiatives from October, 2016 to July, 2017.
- Any technical chapters, active or newly established one can submit nomination for it.
- Submitting more than one nomination for the same activity will result in disqualification. However when a successful submission is done, technical chapters Chair, Vice or Secretary shall receive a confirmation email within 3 days of email, if not please consult with IEEE PSYWC Awards Nomination and Committee Chair on email@example.com
- Nomination for this award shall be submitted by filling a nomination form on Google Docs before deadline 11:59 PM, 25th September 2017. Fill in the nomination form carefully.
- After submitting the nomination form, you’ll get a confirmation email within 3 days if you don’t get a confirmation email please inform Awards Committee Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org with your Award applied for and nomination submission date.
- Attach a supporting document in PDF Format only maximum 5 pages which can contain your photos, promotional material, etc. Document more than 5 pages (including cover page, the best practice is to exclude cove page) will be disqualified immediately.
- Please be advised, the supporting document must be endorsed by Student Branch Counselor, Technical Chapter Advisor, SAC Chair, Section Technical Chapter Chair or Section Chair. in order to better validate your submission. Please inform them about your submission after you have received confirmation email for your nomination as they will be contacted for validation of your application.
The evaluation criteria will be reviewed each year by the PSYW Congress Awards & Nomination Committee before the CFN is issued. This year each nomination will be evaluated with some set criteria and shall be given score out of hundred (100) which is distributed as following:
Value Creation (0-35)
- Uniqueness and Creativity (0-15)
- Positive impact (0-10)
- Value driven after event e. post results (0-10)
- Repeatability (0-15)
- Potential to be applied in other student branches (0-10)
- Portability (0-10)
Participation Status (0-30)
- Participation of student/young professional from other student branches or affinity groups (0-10)
- Collaboration with other SB/Affinity groups/NGO/Companies/Organizations etc (0-10)
- Implementation (0-10)