Most Valuable WIE Volunteer Award
IEEE Pakistan Students/Young Professionals/WIE Congress 2017 shall honor one individual with the award of “Most Valuable WIE Volunteer Award” for year 2017.
The purpose of this award is to recognize, annually, student branches chapters under the domain of all three IEEE Sections and other sub-sections of Pakistan, the student branch technical chapter with an initiative, projects and events that has proven strategic importance to IEEE’s & Technical Chapter’s goals and development objectives of IEEE Pakistan. This way the value of a student branch technical chapter level would be increased significantly.
The purpose of this award is to recognize, annually, in Pakistani member of IEEE, the Student member most accountable for an amazing achievement associated with WIE Student Activities. This way the value of a Student member who expresses a model of devotion and contribution to a Student Branch/Student Branch Chapter is certainly recognized.
- Self-Nominations are accepted.
- This award requires interested WIE students to submit a report of their volunteer activities.
- The student should submit records and explanation of his/her activities from July, 2016 to July, 2017.
- The WIE student member should have had taken IEEE student membership for last two consecutive years e. 2016 and must be an active member for this year also.
- Current SSR and Student Branch Chair and Vice Chair are not eligible for this award.
- Nominating student must be in his/her enrolled bachelors degree, if he/she have graduated before or by July, 2017 it can be accepted, however any graduation before March, 2017 would not be considered eligible, no matter result is officially announced or Exception can however be considered, but with the approval of IEEE PSYWC Awards Nomination and Committee Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting more than one nomination for the same activity will result in disqualification. However when a successful submission is done, student shall receive a confirmation email within 3 days of email, if not please consult with IEEE PSYWC Awards Nomination and Committee Chair on email@example.com
- Nomination for this award shall be submitted by filling a nomination form on Google Docs beforedeadline 11:59 PM, 25th September 2017.
- Fill in the nomination form and complete each section in a concise manner, explaining how the activity qualifies for receiving the award.
- After submitting the nomination form, email and inform IEEE PSYWC Awards Nomination and Committee Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org with your Award applied for and date when nomination submitted.
- Attach a supporting document (maximum five (5) pages/pdf format/no zip files) with photos, promotional material, etc while emailing Awards Chair for informing about your nomination. It is compulsory that the attachment is limited to a greatest of five (5) pages and in PDF format.
- Please be advised an endorsement letter can be required from your Student Branch Counselor, WIE AG Advisor, SAC Chair, Section WIE Chair or Section Chair in order to better validate your submission. Please inform them about your submission after you have received confirmation email for your nomination
The evaluation criteria will be reviewed each year by the PSYW Congress Awards & Nomination Committee before the CFN is issued. This year each nomination will be evaluated with some set criteria and shall be given score out of hundred (100) which is distributed as following:
Value Creation (0-25)
- Participation in regional projects/initiatives (0-5)
- Involvement in any regional ad-hoc or ex-com committee (0-10)
- Involvement in any initiative seed-funded by IEEE New Initiative Committee (such as IEEE Academic, madC, Xtreme) (0-10)
Membership Drive or Development (0-15)
- Mentoring or Intro session on IEEE presented in new or in-active student branches (0-10)
- Membership Development Activities/Drive participation in his/her student branch (0-5)
- Any officer or ex-com position at Section held before 2017 (such as SSR, Webmaster, ASSR ) (0- 10)
- Involvement in Activities by Section or Sectional SAC (0-5)
- Value created for his/her Student Branch (such as bringing people from Section in activities, Taking IEEE sponsorship, making newsletter ) (0-5)
- Value created for Section (such as creating newsletter, updating website or face book page or bringing a resource person for section activities ) (0-10)
Intra-Student Branches or Out Campus Participation (0-30)
- Participation by student in other student branch activities (0-5)
- Participation by student in Sectional Activities (0-10)
- Participation by student in Regional Activities (0-10)
- Participation by student in Industry Tour or Field Trip with student branch or section officers (0-5)