Most Valuable SIGHT Volunteer Award
IEEE Pakistan Students/Young Professionals/WIE Congress 2017 shall honor one individual with the award of “Most Valuable SIGHT Volunteer Award” for year 2017.
The purpose of this award is to recognize, annually, in Pakistani member of IEEE, the SIGHT AG Volunteers most accountable for an amazing achievement associated with SIGHT Professional activities. This way the value of SIGHT volunteers who expresses a model of devotion and contribution to a SIGHT Affinity group or out of section is certainly recognized.
The award shall be given to only one individual based on their submission. However if required, a “Special Mention” shall be given to only one individual to celebrate their success.
- Self-Nominations are accepted.
- This award requires interested volunteers to submit a report of their volunteer activities.
- The SIGHT volunteer should submit records and explanation of his/her activities from July, 2016 to July, 2017.
- The volunteer should have had taken IEEE membership for last two consecutive years e. 2016 and must be an active member for this year also.
- Volunteers in Regional/MGA are not eligible for this award.
- Submitting more than one nomination for the same activity will result in disqualification. However when a successful submission is done, student shall receive a confirmation email within 2 days of email, if not please consult with IEEE PSYPWC Awards Nomination and Committee Chair on email@example.com
- Nomination for this award shall be submitted by filling a nomination form on Google Docs before deadline 11:59 PM, 25th September 2017. Fill in the nomination form carefully.
- After submitting the nomination form, you’ll get a confirmation email within 3 days if you don’t get a confirmation email please inform Awards Committee Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org with your Award applied for and nomination submission date.
- Attach a supporting document in PDF Format only maximum 5 pages which can contain your photos, promotional material, etc. Document more than 5 pages (including cover page, the best practice is to exclude cove page) will be disqualified immediately.
- Please be advised, the supporting document must be endorsed by Section SIGHT Chair or Section Chair. in order to better validate your submission. Please inform them about your submission after you have received confirmation email for your nomination as they will be contacted for validation of your application.
The evaluation criteria will be reviewed each year by the PSYW Congress Awards & Nomination Committee before the CFN is issued. This year each nomination will be evaluated with some set criteria and shall be given score out of hundred (100) which is distributed as following:
Value Creation (0-20)
- Involvement in any regional ad-hoc or ex-com committee (0-10)
- Involvement in any initiative seed-funded by IEEE New Initiative Committee (such as IEEE Academic, madC, Xtreme etc.) (0-10)
- Any officer or ex-com position at Section held before 2017 (such as YP Chair, Webmaster, YP vice Chair, Section Secretary or Treasurer ) (0-10)
- Involvement in Activities by Section or SIGHT (0-10)
- Value created for SIGHT or Section (such as bringing people from Section in activities, Bringing IEEE sponsorship, making newsletter ) (0-10)
- Value created for Section (such as creating newsletter, updating website or face book page or bringing a resource person for section activities ) (0-10)
- Making People’s life better (10)
Inter-Section Participation (0-30)
- Participation in Sectional SIGHT Activities (0-5)
- Participation in Regional SIGHT Activities (0-5)
- Participation in Community Development with other SIGHT Officers (0-20)