Best Student Branch Counselor Award
IEEE Pakistan Students/Young Professionals/WIE Congress 2017 shall honor individuals with “Best Student Branch Counselor Award” for year 2017.
The purpose of this award is to recognize those individuals’ achievements which have been achieved by performing leadership role as Student Branch counselor and which have left an certain impression on the framework and development of his/her student branch and section as well. The objective is to appreciate their efforts and contribution in leading and guiding a student branch.
The award shall be given to only individual based on their submission. However more than two from each section (limited to three) or none can be presented with award from each section.
- Self-Nominations are accepted.
- This award requires interested counselor to submit a report of their volunteer activities.
- The individual must have achieved position by or before September, 2016.
- The counselor should submit records and explanation of his/her activities from October, 2016 to July, 2017.
- The counselor should have had taken IEEE student membership for last two consecutive years e. 2014 and must be an active member for this year also.
- Submitting more than one nomination for the same activity will result in disqualification. However when a successful submission is done, student shall receive an confirmation email within 2 days of email, if not please consult with IEEE PSYWC Awards Nomination and Committee Chair on email@example.com
- Nomination for this award shall be submitted by filling a nomination form on Google Docs before deadline 11:59 PM, 25th September 2017. Fill in the nomination form carefully.
- After submitting the nomination form, you’ll get a confirmation email within 3 days if you don’t get a confirmation email please inform Awards Committee Chair on firstname.lastname@example.org with your Award applied for and nomination submission date.
- Attach a supporting document in PDF Format only maximum 5 pages which can contain your photos, promotional material, etc. Document more than 5 pages (including cover page, the best practice is to exclude cove page) will be disqualified immediately.
- Please be advised, the supporting document must be endorsed by Section Chair in order to better validate your submission. Please inform them about your submission after you have received confirmation email for your nomination as they will be contacted for validation of your application.
The evaluation criteria will be reviewed each year by the Pakistan SWYP Congress Awards & Nomination Committee before the CFN is issued. This year each nomination will be evaluated with some set criteria.
The primary criteria for selection are the enthusiastic support of the Branch Counselor, or Branch Advisor, by his or her students, and the commitment he or she has made to the engineering profession by the fostering of activities that encourage the development of IEEE Student members.
Evaluation will be based on:
- The Student Branch is active in the paper, device, and other competitions, and has an active program of meetings and field trips (20)
- The Student Branch’s membership level or good growth (30)
- The Student Branch is striving to meet the scientific, educational, and professional purposes of IEEE (20)
- Recognition of efforts to instill leadership qualities in student officers and to guide them in their efforts to administer the Student Branch or Branch Chapter operations (10)
- Recognition of efforts to assist student officers in the development of yearly activities that lead to the technical and professional awareness of Student members (10)
- Recognition of efforts to foster effective interaction between the Student Branch and the local IEEE Section. The required evidence will be two letters, one from the Student Branch, and one from the Section. (10)